- Jackie Kennedy is the only First Lady to be awarded an Emmy. She was awarded a Trustees Award for her televised tour of the White House in 1962. One other First Lady has been nominated for an Emmy since then for an appearance in a segment on Billy on the Street. She lost to Between to Ferns with Zach Galifikanakis. Who was the only First Lady to be nominated for an Emmy and lose?
- Game of Thrones holds the record for most primetime Emmy wins by a scripted show with 56. It took the record in 2016. Before that, the record for most primetime Emmy wins was 36 and was held by this witty and dry spin-off show. What is the name of that show?
- The record for most Primetime Emmy wins is held by late-night sketch show, Saturday Night Live. The comedy show has 73 wins and a staggering 296 nominations in its almost 50-year run. What is the name of the creator and executive producer of Saturday Night Live?
- The Primetime Emmys were first held in 1949. Since then, the airing of the show has rotated amongst the four major television networks each year. The network that has aired the Emmys the most time also aired the 2022 Emmys. Which network aired the 2022 Emmys?
- Hollywood is historically racist. The first black person to win an Emmy in comedy came in the 69th Emmy Awards ceremony. He won in the category of Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series. What is his name?
- The 74th Emmy Awards were hosted over last weekend by Kenan Thompson of Saturday Night Live. This year, the show with the most nominations had 12. What was the name of this weekly hour-long drama show?
- Actors, Idris Elba and Ryan Phillipe both celebrated birthdays last week. One of them was born in 1972 and one was born in 1974. Who is the older actor? Idris Elba or Ryan Phillipe?
- 2022 has seen a rebirth of movie theaters coming out of COVID with movies generating hundreds of millions of dollars in ticket sales again. What is the top-grossing domestic movie so far in 2022?
- Queen Elizabeth’s reign ended last week on September 8th when she passed away in Balmoral Castle. Her 73 year old son, Charles III, will be her successor. How many children did Queen Elizabeth II have?
- Yesterday, the former judge, lawyer, and president of Baylor University who led the Whitewater investigation of Bill and Hillary Clinton, died at the age of 76. What was his cellestial last name?
- Jennette McCurdy’s memoir, ‘I’m Glad My Mom Died’, debuted at number 3 last
week on the New York Times Bestseller list. What Nickelodeon sitcom did she star in as a child with Miranda Cosgrove?
Halftime Question: Audio Gamble up to 12 points This song is actually a cover…who is the original writer and performer of this song? (The song is Red Red Win by UB40 for those reading this online)
- On March 30, 1981, President Ronald Reagan was shot outside the Washington DC Hilton as he returned to his limousine. The shooter was released from prison in 2016 and is now seeking out a career as a singer/songwriter. What is his name?
- On September 6, 1901, The 25th president of the United States, William McKinley, was the third president to be killed in an assassination attempt. Because everything was gross then, it took him over a week to die of gangrene in the hospital. He was shot on the grounds of the Pan-American Exposition at the Temple of Music in what city?
- The greatest president we almost had, James Garfield, was shot and killed at the Sixth Street railroad Station in Baltimore, Maryland. It took Garfield 79 days to die of his injuries in the hospital. A famous inventor attempted to utilize an early version of the X-Ray machine to try to locate the bullets in his body and was unsuccessful. Who was that inventor?
- Four sitting United States presidents have been killed in assassination plots. There have been six total assassination attempts on sitting presidents. Ronald Reagan survived one in 1981, who is the only other president to survive an assassination attempt?
- Joe Biden is our second Catholic president. The first one, John F. Kennedy Jr. was shot and killed in Dallas while riding in a motorcade in Dealey Plaza by a former marine named Lee Harvey Oswald. Oswald was later shot and killed himself while being escorted through the Dallas Police Station. What is the name of the person who shot Lee Harvey Oswald?
- President Abraham Lincoln was the first president to be assassinated on April 14, 1865, in Ford’s Theater as he watched the play “Our American Cousin”. He was shot and killed by a confederate sympathizer named John Wilkes Booth. What was John Wilkes Booth’s profession?
- Over the weekend the new Denver Broncos quarterback, Russell Wilson, made his first start against his former team, the Seattle Seahawks. Wilson is married to a famous singer/songwriter. What is her name?
- Over the summer, Tampa Buccaneers quarter back Tom Brady retired and then unretired. Now he’s having all kinds of weird marital issues in the press. What is the name of his supermodel wife?
- Tennis legend, Serena Williams announced the end to her 27-year tennis career after playing in her last professional tournament, The US Open. She is married to Alex Ohanion, who is best known for co-founding what social media site?
- Miami Heat legend, Dwayne Wade, had a 16-year NBA career playing for three different teams. His wife is an actress who is known for supporting roles in She’s All That, 10 Things I Hate About You, and her breakthrough role in the cheerleading movie, Bring It On? What is Dwayne WAde’s wife’s name?
- Kristin Cavillari is best know for appearing on MTV reality shows like Laguna Beach and the Hills. This year, she divorced her spouse of nine years, Jay Cutler, a retired NFL quarterback who played for the Chicago Bears and Denver Broncos. He also had a brief stint with a third team before retiring. What was that team?
- Women’s basketball legend, Sue Bird,announced her retirement last week after the Seattle Storm were eliminated from the WNBA playoffs. Bird is engaged to a notable US Womens’ Soccer player with two World Cup championships and a gold medal herself. Who is Sue Bird’s fiance?
Final Question: US States: Two states share the honor of sharing their border with the most other states. What two states, which are both east of the Mississippi River, are bordered by 8 other states. You must get them both right.