- Legendary major league pitcher, Nolan Ryan, has thrown the most no-hitters in history with 7 over his almost three-decade career. How many Cy Young Awards did Nolan Ryan win during his career?
- Lori Petty’s most famous film role was as “Kit” in the women’s professional baseball movie “A League of Their Own”. Petty is also well-known for playing Lolly Whitehill in what Netflix series?
- 1993 was the final season of division play in Major League Baseball. Two new expansion teams were also added that season. One was the Colorado Rockies. Who was the other franchise to join Major League Baseball in 1993?
- Also the year the iPhone debuted, what year did the Colorado Rockies make their first and only World Series appearance where they were swept by the Boston Red Sox?
- Famous for playing Mike Hannigan for two seasons on Friends. What famous actor is a huge fan of the Kansas City Royals?
- Six teams have never won a World Series, but only one franchise has never appeared in a World Series. What MLB franchise, whose city also hosted season 7 of the Real world, has never made a World Series?
- One of the central ingredients in most forms of bread is wheat. What plains state whose motto is “To the stars through difficulties” produces the most wheat in the United States annually?
- Which Italian bread, first created in 1982 with a name that literally means slipper in English, is a white bread made from wheat flour, water, salt, yeast, and olive oil?
- We’re all familiar with the saying “That’s the best thing since sliced bread”, but how far back does that really go? What year was sliced bread first invented in Iowa? Guess the year or within one year on either side.
- Panera bread is a very popular fast-casual restaurant throughout, North America. It was originally founded in 1987 with a different name. What is Panera Bread’s original name?
- Bread is popular all over the world, but one country holds the Guinness Book record for most bread consumption at 230 pounds per person annually. What country, whose national sport is oil wrestling, consumes the most bread?
- Most commonly eaten in the morning, what popular bread product’s name is derived from the German word for a bracelet?
- Tom Hanks is one of the most likable people on the planet. He is also one of the most-awarded actors in Hollywood. For what movie did Tom Hanks receive his first Oscar nomination?
- Bridesmaids is the highest-grossing female comedy of all time. What famous pop duo performs in the wedding scene at the end of the movie?
- Despite the popularity and critical success of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, only one actor received an Oscar nomination for acting in the movies. Who is the only actor to receive an Oscar nomination for acting in Lord of the Rings movies?
- There aren’t a lot of female serial killers, so when there is one they make a movie about it. Who plays Florida serial killer Aileen Wuornos in the 2003 film, Monster?
- The Oscars are generally dominated by films made in America which makes sense because America makes the best movies and we are the greatest country on earth. What was the first foreign language film to win the Oscar for best picture?
- The Disney renaissance of the late 20th century was driven by the company’s release of world-class animated films. What Disney animated movie, released in 1989, was based on a Danish fairy tale.
- Republican Senate candidate, Hershel Walker, flashed a fake police badge during a recent debate when his law enforcement career was questioned. What college did Hershel Walker play running back for from 1980-1982?
- Vincent Van Gogh’s “Sunflowers” painting was defaced last weekend by environmental protestors. What did the protestors throw on the painting before they glued themselves to the wall?
- The top-performing movie at the box office last weekend grossed $40 million dollars. What is the name of the highest-grossing box office movie from last weekend?
- WNBA star Brittney Griner spent her 32nd birthday in a Russian prison as she serves the beginning of a nine-year sentence for possession of a hash pen. What team does Britney Griner play for in the WNBA?
- What famous country singer, also well-known for being the wife of superstar Garth Brooks, is celebrating her 58th birthday today?
Final Question: Even losers who aren’t even American know there are 50 states. Four of those 50 states are technically considered commonwealths. What are the four states, three of which were part of the original 13 colonies, that refer to themselves as commonwealths?